Tea tree oil is one of the leading oil for treating several health conditions. Research shows that tea tree oil is essential in keeping healthy skin, hair, and nails. The good news about this oil is its pocket-friendly price despite its great benefits and how readily it is available in the market. Also, the oil poses no harm to your skin if you would follow the direction of use – as recommended by your health practitioners. Since you are reading this piece, the main question you would want to ask is, if tea tree oil for acne is good for you?
Yes! The oil is excellent at fighting bacteria found in acne, as it contains natural antibacterial properties. This makes it one of the leading natural remedy for the treatment of acne. Once you are familiar with how to use the oil for acne scar, you will be glad to add it to your tools for acne scar treatment. For this reason, this article will walk you through how to use tea tree oil for acne scars.
You will need extra care when looking for the right tea tree oil in the market. Your choice of oil must be void of any chemicals and be of 100% purity. Using pure tea tree oil is healthy and yields better results than going with diluted oil for treating your acne scars. Even if you will dilute the oil on your own, it is ideal you get the pure version in the first place.
Why Tea Tree Oil For Acne Scars?
Acne scars do not just affect a person’s level of confidence but can also cause depression and other disorders. What worsens the condition is how hard acne scars are hard to remove. Healthcare practitioners do not advise going for chemical treatments because of the side effects they may pose on your health. The high cost of these chemical products is another discouraging factor.
As such, you will want to look for a suitable alternative void of chemicals, and that is effective for the treatment of acne scar. This is where tea tree oil comes in. Though many people are not aware of the existence of this oil, it is arguably the most effective home remedy for filling up mild scars.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne
Using tea tree oil for treating acne scar is straightforward.
- It would be best if you first washed your hands to get rid of invisible germs there, then you can wash your face with lukewarm water and clean the affected areas with gentle soap.
- Wait for the areas to dry. While the area is getting dry, avoid rubbing it roughly with a towel.
- It would be best if you let the skin dry, as the oil does work on wet skin.
- But why do you need to wash the scar area before applying tea tree oil?
- This is because using the oil on dirty skin can get your skin irritated and inflamed.
Testing It First
Ideally, you test tea tree oil on a good part before you use it on areas with an acne scar. The importance of this patch test is to know that the oil will not irritate your type of skin. Do this by simply dropping a couple of drops of the oil on areas of your skin that is void of acne scars. Afterwards, please wait for a few minutes for your skin to absorb it.
If you notice that the oil does not irritate your good part, you can then go on to apply it on areas with acne scars. If it irritates the good parts, it still doesn’t mean tea tree oil is a right-off for treating your acne scars. You can try it again, but by diluting the oil this time.
Always lookout for the common ill effects of tea tree oil when doing the patch test. Common side effects the oil can cause include redness, irritation and dryness.
The Homemade Spot Treatment
This treatment is recommended when tea tree oil irritates you when used for acne scar treatment. You must first undergo this treatment if the oil has any of its side effects on you – such as dryness, redness, and irritation. Do this by applying three drops of tea tree oil with aloe vera gel, olive oil, coconut oil or any neutral oil.
We advise that you do not add many drops of tea tree oil in the solution to have the best result. We are not saying tea tree oil is not sufficient for treating acne scar when concentrated; we are only concern about your allergy to tree oil. Since honey contains antibacterial and skincare healing, mixing it with this tea tree oil gives a faster result for the treatment of acne scars. You can make a paste or mask with this solution of honey and tea tree oil.
Apply this paste on your acne scar and see if you get faster and better results. Opening the mixture to the air can expose it to the bacterial viruses. So please keep it in a jar to maintain quality.
Applying tea tree oil does not require a particular skill.
- All you must do to have an effective result is to use cotton buds, your fingers, or tissues to apply the oil on areas with acne scars.
- You can also use any neat piece of cloth to rub the oil directly on affected areas gently.
- Applying a small amount of tea tree oil goes a long way in wearing out blackheads and whiteheads. It also removes pus and disinfects your pores.
To have the best result on how to use tea tree oil for acne;
- Treat your acne scar with tea tree oil only
- It is ideal that you let it rest for a couple of hours or you go to bed with it.
- After it has been left for this long time, wash the areas with warm water.
- It doesn’t take time to see that you have disposed of dead skin and infectious pus.
- If you want to use a bar of soap to wash the affected areas, make sure you use a mild one.
We advise that you use the treatment on a daily version and stick to it until you have your acne scars cleared and your skin healthy.
How to Prepare a Mask of Tea Tree Oil for Acne Scar Treatment from Home
You will be amazed at how effective a homemade mask is at getting rid of your acne scars. The point is to go about it the right way. This section of the article will show you the proper way to make a homemade mask of tea tree oil for acne treatment.
These are the simple two steps to take in preparing a homemade acne scar treatment with tea tree oil:
- Mix about five drops of tea tree oil with two tablespoons of green clay powder (green clay is readily available in stores around you).
- If the mixture doesn’t form a paste already, add water.
You have seen how easy it is to prepare this remedy. The next question you might want to ask is, how do you apply the paste?
Gently rub the paste on the areas affected with acne scars and wait for some time to let your skin absorb it. After this, wash the areas with warm water.
That wasn’t the only way to prepare tea tree oil for acne scar treatment.
- You can also prepare it by mixing a few drops of tea tree oil with a teaspoon of jojoba oil.
- To boost the effectiveness of this treatment, add half tomato.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and give it about ten minutes before washing with warm water. Do this daily.
The third and the last method you can prepare tea tree oil for acne scars at home is the mask yoghurt.
- This method involves mixing up to six drops of tea tree oil with yoghurt.
- Apply the paste on areas with acne scars and give it up to thirty minutes, after which you wash it with warm water.
- It would be best if you also used this mask daily and consistently.
This article on tea tree oil for acne scars has shown how effective tea tree oil can be when used the right way for treating acne scars. We have also shown you different methods on how you can prepare the oil to have the best result of acne scar treatment. However, if you have any questions related to this article but we did not talk about, kindly drop them in the comment section.